DIE HEUWELS FANTASTIES released a brand new single, LED Liefde, a couple of weeks ago. This single is meant to usher in the festive season and as an appetiser for their new album due for release in March 2017. This bittersweet song is about the group mostly seeing their loved ones on a screen as they are on the road so often.
The song’s universal theme in this digital era, exceptional sound and meaningful lyrics quickly resonated with people. Soon after LED Liefde’s release, it made a bow on SA’s iTunes charts and entered Jacaranda FM’s Top 20 and Bok Radio’s Top 40.
“The feedback so far is unbelievable. It’s also remarkable to see how the song’s lyrics appeal to the millennials,” says Fred den Hartog, Die Heuwels Fantasties’ guitar player and producer.
Jacaranda FM’s Martin Bester Drive asked their listeners what they think of the song and, among others, received the following feedback:
- “LED Liefde is the perfect song for the time we live in and especially the current situation myself and my husband are in. His mom is overseas and we basically conduct a LED Liefde (LED Love) with them now.”
- “I am 22 and what you call a millennial and it sometimes feels like you don’t have friends, or only have friends on the internet or you only see them on a screen. I’m crazy about the new Die Heuwels Fantasties song – they absolutely nailed it!”
Die Heuwels Fantasties are releasing an animated lyric video, which captures this theme perfectly, on 9th December 2016. The music video was made by Ruan Vermeulen from bewilder.tv who also made their animated music video for Noorderlig (2010). The lead singer, Pierre Greeff, says the lyric video is the “perfect accompaniment” for what the song is about. “The two walk hand in hand,” he says.
Watch LED Liefde here:
More of Die Heuwels Fantasties’ music have recently been released. ‘Laurika’ Rauch re-recorded their hit song, Klein Tambotieboom, with them and released it on her album, Die Reis.
“It’s a huge honour for us that someone of Laurika’s stature chose to record Klein Tambotieboom. And to top that off, she asked us to sing it with her… bucket list stuff,” says Pierre. Die Heuwels Fantasties says cheers with the following message: “Be safe and lekker with each other this holiday.”
Catch Die Heuwels LIVE this season at:
- 16 December: Mykonos Festival, Langebaan
- 23 December: Hartenbos
- 31 December: New Year’s Eve: Presleys, Pretoria
Support your local bands\m/
- [Album Review] Chapter II by Awaken Within’s Producer ‘Paul Martins’
- Rock Rockies Revealed Upcoming Song Details and Artwork!